You may love your Dog, but you may not be fully aware of just how awesome he/she really is. For instance, did you know that Some are fast and could even beat a cheetah .? Or Dogs are about as intelligent as a two-year-old.?
Clearly, there’s more to your Dog friend than meets the eye. So, in this post, I am gonna help you realize how cool they actually are.
Fun Facts about Dogs
1. Ever wondered why your dog carefully chooses the perfect place to do his business? This is because your dog prefers to go poop in alignment with the Earth’s magnetic field.
2. Spiked collars were originally used in ancient Greece to protect dogs’ throats from wolf attacks.
3. Your dog can help get you a date! Yep, You heard that right. One study showed that a man’s chances of getting a girl’s phone number went from 10% to 33%, just by owning a pet. So yeah, get a bitch if you want some bitches.
5. The Bloodhound’s sense of smell is so accurate that the results of its tracking can be used as evidence in the court.
Awesome Facts about Dogs
6. In 2012, A Golden Retriever called Max was elected its first mayor of the town of Idyllwild, California. Even though Mayor Max passed away in 2013, the town elected Mayor Max II into the office, and he’s been governing Idyllwild ever since. Although he ain’t the brightest mayor, He is most loyal to his people.
7. Dalmatian puppies are born completely white, they develop their spots as they get older.
8. The oldest dog to ever live is Bluey who was born on 7 June 1910 and lived until 14 November 1939 – an amazing 29 years 5 months!
Whereas the oldest cat has lived an awesome 38 years and 3 days!
9. According to the University of California San Diego, your dog can genuinely get jealous when they see you display affection for another creature. So stop cheating!
10. Did you know that Greyhounds can beat cheetahs in a race? Yep, they can, and I am not high. So hear me out.
While Cheetahs can run twice as fast as greyhounds, they can only maintain that 70 mph speed for about thirty seconds. A Greyhound can maintain a 35 mph speed for about 7 miles. So, the Cheetah may start out first, but the Greyhound will soon be victorious in long term.
Crazy Facts about Dogs
11. In Russia, Stray dogs have managed to learn how to ride the complex subway system and get off at specific stops in search of food. So apparently not only Russians but also Russian dogs are built different.
12. Dogs’ urine contains markers that inform other dogs of their presence, social standing, and sexual availability. Dogs lift their legs as high as they can so they can “distribute their message” better and allow their scent to travel further.
13. Smaller dogs tend to live longer than bigger dogs, and that’s because larger dogs age faster than smaller dogs. A study has found that large dogs were found to have a median lifespan of 13.38 years, while the median for small dogs was 14.95.
In fact, Freddy the Great Dane, who held the record for tallest dog living (male), sadly passed away at the young age of 8 and a half years old.
14. You can hide your feelings from other humans but not from your beloved Dog. Since your dog’s sense of smell is approximately 100,000 times better than yours. It can, in fact, smell things such as fear. When a human is fearful, they perspire, and a dog is easily able to pick up on this change.
15. Ever wonder why children around 2 years seem to have a special bond with the family dog? This is because your dog is as smart as a two-year-old!
Is your dog suffering from separation anxiety? Then try leaving some clothing that you have worn with them. It’s been proven that the scent you leave behind on your clothes can help ease your dog’s separation anxiety.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 15 Awesome Facts about Dogs that will make you love them even more
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles: