Did you know?
It would take you more than 400 years to spend a night in all of Las Vegas’s hotel rooms.
Awesome, Isn’t it?
Just like this, there are many Mind-blowing facts about the USA that you need to know.
Shocking facts about USA
1. There are more guns than people in the United States.
2. The current iteration of the American flag was designed by a high school student.
3. One of the strangest facts about the United States is that you can get a unicorn hunting license from Michigan’s Lake Superior State University and hunt all the unicorns that you will ever see.
4. The only people to have walked on the moon’s surface were Americans.
5. It is no secret that Americans love pizza. However, it might surprise you to know that Americans eat 100 acres of pizza every day.
Dominating facts about USA
6. According to CNBC, the United States boasts a staggering 705 billionaires – more than the combined total of the next four countries. Notably, seven of the world’s wealthiest individuals hail from America.
7. The majority of the largest companies in the world by market capitalization are American, with nine out of the top 10 based in the United States. Additionally, over half of the top 100 companies by market cap – 54, to be exact – are American.
8. Despite being home to less than 5% of the world’s population, the United States is responsible for approximately 25% of global economic output.
9. With a landmass nearly equivalent to that of the entire continent of Europe, the United States is the third-largest country in the world in terms of land area.
10. California, the most populous state in the United States, boasts a gross domestic product (GDP) of roughly $3.2 trillion – surpassing that of the entire United Kingdom. This remarkable achievement means that if California were an independent nation, it would have the fifth-largest economy in the world.
Lesser-known facts about USA
11. Nearly one-third of all land in the United States(650 million acres) belongs to the federal government.
12. Most people assume English is the official language of the United States. But the truth is the federal government has never declared an official language. So yeah, America doesn’t have an official language yet.
13. The world-famous, Statue of Liberty was a gift from France to the United States in October 1886.
14. Russia Sold Alaska to the United States for Pennies. Yeah, you heard that right.
The largest state in the United States, Alaska, was sold for a total of $7.2 million, which amounts to about 2 cents per acre by Russia in 1867.
And it has been one of the best trades that the United States has ever done.
15. The United States is at the center of global invention. Airplanes, computers, cellphones, potato chips, and the light bulb are just a few examples of American ingenuity.
Interesting facts about USA
16. Since its opening in 1800, the Library of Congress has grown from a respectable 6,487 books to a bookworm’s dream collection of over 16 million books. The library boasts 838 miles of bookshelves in total more than enough to span the distance from Houston to Chicago.
17. It would take you more than 400 years to spend a night in all of Las Vegas’s hotel rooms.
18. If Texas were its own country, it would have the 10th largest GDP in the world.
19. One in eight people in the United States has been employed by McDonald’s.
20. American athletes have won more Olympic medals than athletes from any other country.
Mind-Blowing facts about USA
21. One in three Americans is obese.
22. If you have a $10 bill and no debt, you are wealthier than 15% of all American citizens.
23. You may have likely heard about how insane some of the law enforcement of prohibition laws could be, but it turns out the U.S. government poisoned alcohol in its effort to discourage drinking. When people continued to consume alcohol despite its banning, law officials got frustrated and ordered the poisoning of industrial alcohols manufactured in the U.S.
By the end of Prohibition in 1933, the federal poisoning program has estimated to have killed at least 10,000 people.
24. The United States is one of only three countries that have not officially switched to the metric system. Liberia and Burma are the other two.
25. It wasn’t always this way, but for the eighth year in a row, a whopping 40% of all babies were born to unwed mothers.
And you may wonder where do their fathers go?
To get some milk, of course.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading about 25 Amazing facts about America .