Did you know?
80% of Australia’s plants and animals are unique to Australia and are found nowhere else in the world.
Incredible, isn’t it? With over 25.7 million people, Australia is not only one of the best countries to visit, but it is also a country filled with interesting facts that you should know.
Weird Facts about Australia
1. If you visit a new beach in Australia every day, it will take you over 27 years to see them all as there 10,685 beaches.
2. Every year on 26 January, Brisbane hosts the world championships of cockroach racing.
3. Australia is the only continent in the world without an active volcano.
4. Australia has 3 times more sheep than its people.
5. An Aussie man once tried to sell his neighbor, New Zealand, on eBay. From a starting price of A$0.01, the price had risen to $3,000 before eBay closed the auction.
Interesting Facts about Australia
6. Australia was the second country in the world to give women the right to vote in 1902.
7. Per capita, Australians spend more bucks on gambling than any other nation, with over 80 percent of Aussies engaging in gambling of some kind.
8. Did you know that Canberra was selected as the capital because Sydney and Melbourne could not stop arguing which city should be the capital?
9. Australia is home to the longest fence in the world. Originally built to keep dingos away from fertile land, Australia’s Dingo Fence (5,614 km) is longer than the Great Wall of China.
10. Only a few people know this interesting fact about Australia is that Between 1838 and 1902, it was illegal to swim at the beach during the day (in NSW)
fun Facts about Australia
11. Who doesn’t love to be called mate by an Australian guy?
But what’s bizarre is that, In the year 2005, the word ‘Mate’ was banned for about 24 hours in Australia.
12. Due to a trademark clash, Burger King is known as Hungry Jacks in Australia.
13. Voting is mandatory in Australia, and those who don’t vote are heavily penalized.
14. Melbourne’s original name was Batmania, which was named after the politician John Batman.
Man, I wish they didn’t change that 😔
Read more: 30 SHOCKING BATMAN FACTS THAT EVERY FAN SHOULD KNOW
15. Google Maps, the Pacemaker, and Wi-fi technology are some of the famous inventions by Australian inventors.
Hardcore Facts about Australia
16. Approximately 17 of the world’s poisonous snakes are found in Australia, and it is home to 1,500 types of spiders and 4,000 types of ants.
17. According to Finder, 27% of Australians have never got married.
18. And despite living in such hardcore mode, Australia has the 9th highest life expectancy in the world.
19. But hey, Australia is also well-known for its employment opportunities. According to Yahoo Finance, The country offers the second-highest pay rate per hour in the world.
20. There are approximately 44 million kangaroos in Australia.
mind-blowing Facts about Australia
21. Only a few people know this interesting fact about Australia is that Between 1838 and 1902, it was illegal to swim at the beach during the day (in NSW)
22. There are 60 designated wine regions in Australia, and they produce approximately 1.35 trillion bottles of wine every year.
23. Aussies drink 1.7 billion liters of beer per year (that’s about 680 bottles of beer for each adult.)
24. There is a mountain named Mt Disappointment in Australia.
In fact, the mountain got this name cause its view from the top disappointed the British explorers.
25. More than 80% of Australia’s plants and animals are unique to Australia and are found nowhere else in the world and include the Tasmanian Devil, Koalas, Kangaroos and Echidnas.
-The first Police Force in Australia was made up of the most well-behaved convicts.
-70% of Aussies are proactive in sports.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading about 25 Amazing facts about Australia for kids .
In case you’re interested in reading other articles:
25 Mind-Blowing facts about Japan that will strike you like thunder
26 Incredible Facts about India that everyone should know
25 Lesser-known facts about the USA
Crazy facts about China that you need to know
And finally, I hope you have a great day.