“Are you ready to take a delicious journey into the world of chocolate? We’re about to uncover some sweet facts and figures about the world’s most beloved sweet treat. From the history of its origins to the science behind its taste, we’ve got the inside scoop on all things chocolate. So go ahead, grab a bar (or a whole box, we won’t judge), and let’s get started on this heavenly adventure of cocoa-rific proportions.”
Fun Facts about Chocolate
1. The smell of chocolate causes theta brain waves to increase, resulting in relaxation. So, next time you’re stressed, just take a deep breath of that chocolate aroma.
2. Also, have you ever heard of a pill that makes your farts smell like chocolate? I know it sounds too good to be true. But it’s a real thing!
3. White chocolate isn’t technically chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids. It’s more like a chocolate imposter.
4. It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 gr.) of chocolate, so next time you take a bite of that bar, Make sure to be thankful to all the farmers.
5. The creator of the Chocolate Chip Cookie traded the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate. Talk about a sweet deal!
Interesting Facts about Chocolate
6. M&Ms were created in 1941 for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting.
7. Heads up to all pet owners: chocolate is poisonous for cats and dogs, so keep it away from your furry friends. It is like a kryptonite for them.
8. In 2007 a jewel thief in Antwerp, Belgium, managed to steal 28 million dollars of gems by gaining the trust of bank guards by repeatedly offering them chocolate. Who needs money when you can bribe with chocolate?
9. The beloved chocolate chip cookie was invented by accident by Ruth Graves Wakefield while preparing food for guests at the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts. She was trying to make a batch of Butter Drop Do cookies, but instead, the chocolate chips in the batter stayed intact giving birth to iconic cookies. As they say, sometimes the best things in life happen by accident.
10. While Nestle makes Kit Kats worldwide, Hershey is in charge of the production in the US.
Shocking Facts about Chocolate
11. It would take a lethal dose of about 22 lbs or 40 Hershey bars for chocolate to be deadly for a human being. So make sure to remember that 39 is the limit, guys.
12. Next time you have a cough, instead of reaching for cough syrup, reach for a chocolate bar. It ain’t me that is saying. Studies have shown that chocolate can be more effective than codeine in treating coughs.
13. In 2013, Belgium sent a sweet message to the world by issuing a limited edition of chocolate-flavored stamps. Now that’s how you make a statement!
14. Single Chocolate lovers, listen up: chocolate contains phenylethylamine, an enzyme that releases pleasure hormones and makes you feel similar to being in love.
15. Fun fact: for the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, a real chocolate river was made using chocolate, cream, and water. Unfortunately, it started to smell after a few days!
Awesome Facts about Chocolate
16. According to the BBC, chocolate can stimulate your brain and releases more endorphins than kissing. So, next time you’re feeling down, grab a chocolate bar instead of a kiss.
17. The Global chocolate industry is worth over $75 billion per year.
18. German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany. It was invented in the United States by a baker named Sam German and was named after him.
19. The Mars family, who founded the famous Mars candy company, named the popular candy bar Snickers after their beloved horse in 1930. Who knew that a horse could be responsible for such a delicious treat?
20. M&M’s have been taken to space over 130 times. Maybe the space guys were trying to bait aliens.
Surprising Facts about Chocolate
21. Chocolate has a juicy-rich history. It was consumed as a bitter drink for most of its 4,000-year history before becoming the sweet treat we know today.
22. In the Mayan era, chocolate was used as a currency.
23. Chocolates are great mood boosters. According to a study, people who eat dark chocolate are less likely to suffer from depression.
24. The World’s Largest Chocolate Bar Weighed a whopping 5,792 kg (12,770 lb), that’s enough to feed an army of just some really hungry chocolate lovers.
25. Switzerland is the highest consumer of chocolate in the world. They eat over 22 pounds of chocolate per person each year.
26. Have you ever tried Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate? It’s a weird but delicious combination. But trust me. It’s like a sweet and salty love affair in your mouth!
27. Contrary to your mom’s claims, chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay.
28. And for all health enthusiasts, eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third. So go ahead and indulge in that chocolatey goodness guilt-free. Just don’t blame me when you gain weight 🙂
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 25 Awesome Chocolate facts that you should know.
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles:
20 Heart Warming Facts About Love That You Should Know
40 Shocking Psychology Facts That You Need To Know
25 Surprising Facts About Human Brain That You Didn’t Know
20 Mind-Blowing Facts About Human Body
15 Shocking Facts About Obesity That You Must Know
15 Mind-Blowing Koalas Facts That Will Surprise You