Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the fascinating world of psychology. Here we explore the inner workings of the mind, unravel the mysteries of human behavior, and figure out why some people can’t stop talking about their dreams.
So sit back, relax, and get ready to have your brain twisted, turned, and tickled in all the right ways. Trust us, it’s going to be a wild ride!
Fun Facts about Psychology
1. The Jonah complex is a fear of success that prevents self-actualization, like a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure.
2. Dendrophilia is the sexual attraction to trees. It’s like having a crush on a redwood, but without the possibility of it ever-texting you back.
3. A study found that kids aged 4-6 perform boring tasks better when dressed as Batman. It’s like the ultimate secret to motivation, just add a cape.
4. According to a study, 3 out of 4 teenage girls feel depressed after looking at a fashion magazine for only 3 minutes. It’s like a fashion magazine is a trigger for sadness.
5. In the 1970s, the Soviet Union used a fake mental disorder called “Sluggish Schizophrenia” to arrest anyone who criticized the leadership. Talk about a convenient way to silence dissent.
6. People develop first impressions of you in a tenth of a second, so make sure your hair and outfit are on point, or you’ll be labeled the “crazy hair guy” forever.
7. Ambivert is the balance between introvert and extrovert. It’s like being Goldilocks when it comes to socializing, not too shy, not too outgoing, but just right.
8. A shocking 1 in 5 American CEOs has clinically significant psychopathic traits. The corporate world is like a breeding ground for the next American Psycho.
9. Ph.D. students display twice as many symptoms of psychiatric disorders, such as depression, then other people. It’s like getting a Ph.D. is a recipe for a mental breakdown.
10. People who are “transabled” amputate their limbs to become handicapped. What can I say, Some people are just ungrateful lots.
Surprising Facts about Psychology
11. People with boanthropy, a psychological disorder, believe they are cows. I mean, who wouldn’t want the peace of mind of a cow, right.?
12. According to research, even just considering a Plan B can decrease your chances of succeeding with Plan A. So stop having a backup plan. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure.
13. Comedians and funny people are usually more depressed than average. Sadly, laughter is the best medicine, but only for the audience.
14. Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are “narcissistic.”
15. A 2004 study, found that people plotting revenge experience heightened activity in the brain’s reward center.
16. Sales for luxury brands increase inversely with the rudeness of sales staff. It’s like the customer is saying that “I’ll take the rude service with a side of overpriced handbag, please.”
17. A 2010 study found that millennial college students are 40% less empathetic than those of the 1980s and 1990s. The world is becoming a colder place, one generation at a time.
18. The percentage of Americans who are lonely has doubled from 20% to 40% since the 1980s. We’re becoming a nation of loners.
19. A Harvard University study suggested that having no friends could be as deadly as smoking. It’s like loneliness is the new smoking.
20. There is a gene that can cause a person to be negative most of the time, as per studies. So, if you’re feeling grumpy, just blame it on your genes, and nobody will be mad at you.!
Facts about Psychology
21. “Erotomania” is a psychological disorder where affected people believe a famous person is in love with them.
22. A 2018 psychology study found that Millionaires who have earned their wealth are moderately happier than those who inherited it. Finally, we found something that we poor lads can cope on 🙂
23. Religious practices, like prayer and attending services, are associated with lower levels of psychological distress. It’s like a spiritual Prozac.
24. The millennials have the same level of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient in the early 1950s. May god save us cause the world is getting more stressful by the day.
25. Crying makes you feel better, reduces stress, and may help to keep the body healthy. So stop listening to society and cry. It is the ultimate form of an emotional detox.
26. People with unfortunate initials, such as P.I.G. or A.S.S. have a significantly lower life expectancy. Well, a lifetime of being bullied by your name doesn’t help anyone.
27. A Harvard study found that sarcasm promotes creativity. It’s like the ultimate form of “thinking outside the box.”
28. Severe Depression can cause us to biologically age more by increasing the aging process in cells. The depression is the ultimate “Fountain of Youth” in reverse.
29. And Antidepressant drugs are, were never a solution. They cause sexual side effects and may suppress the basic human emotions of love and romance.
30. The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world. So be careful while selecting your playlist.
Interesting Facts about Psychology
31. Studies have confirmed that if you announce your goals to others, you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation. It’s like telling your secrets to the universe is a recipe for failure.
32. Your mind tends to make dull people sound more interesting. It rewrites the monotonous speech of boring people to make them sound more interesting.
33. Studies have found that spending money on others leads to more happiness than spending it on yourself. Buddha was always spot on!
34. Research suggests that, the key to happiness is spending money on experiences instead of possessions. So, stop hoarding stuff and start hoarding memories!
35. A study found that living in sight of water can make you calmer, happier, and more creative. It’s like having your ocean of Zen.
37. The psychological condition known as “Paris Syndrome” is primarily experienced by Japanese people and is brought on by the realization that Paris is not what they had anticipated. It’s like a honeymoon with the city of love gone sour.
38. According to studies, 1 in 5 people in France has experienced depression, making it the most depressed country in the world. But don’t worry, French people are still famous for their wine, cheese, and love affairs, which can help them to forget their sadness.
39. Scientists have found that the brain processes rejection in a similar way as physical pain.
40 .A study found that most people believe other people’s social lives are richer and more active than their own. It’s like the “grass is always greener” phenomenon.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 40 Awesome Psychology facts that you should know.
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles:
20 Mind-Blowing Ireland Facts That You May Not Know
MIND-BLOWING VENEZUELA FACTS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
20 Mind-Blowing Facts About Cuba That You Should Know