Did you know? There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the entire Earth.
Interesting, isn’t it? With so many things happening on land, we often forget how big the entire world is. So, In this post, we are gonna go through 30 Mind-Blowing Space facts that will give you how enormous the world is.
Crazy Facts about Space
1. There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the entire Earth.
2. The moon is moving about 3.8 centimeters away from Earth every year because of tidal effects.
3. Aldrin and Armstrong left various objects on the moon, including an olive branch-shaped gold pin messages from 73 world leaders and medals in honor of the first Soviet astronauts who died during the flight.
4. The moon is 384,000 kilometers from the Earth, which is the equivalent of doing 100 round trips between London and Sydney. To be fair, the moon has less stuff that’s trying to kill you all the time than Australia.
5. Because of the time it takes for the Sun’s light to reach our Earth, if the Sun vanished, we wouldn’t know about it for eight minutes.
Insane Facts about Space
6. For a long time, we believed that Earth was the only planet in our solar system with liquid water. More recently, NASA uncovered its strongest evidence yet that there is intermittent running water on Mars, too!
7. You won’t have the option to walk on Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune because they have no solid surface!
8. Because a black hole is indeed “black” and no light can escape from it. so, we can’t sense the hole directly through our instruments, no matter what kind of electromagnetic radiation you use, light, X-rays, whatever.
9. Since Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun, many people think that it is the hottest planet in our solar system. However, It is Venus in our solar system.
10. Jupiter is the planet in our planetary group with the most moons, and it even has the biggest moon in our solar system too.
Fun Facts about Space
11. Our host star, Sun, makes up 99.8% of the entire mass of the whole Solar System.
12. The Sun is so enormous that it can fit 1.3 million Planet Earths inside it.
13. Moreover importantly, 63 Planet Earths can fit inside Uranus 🙂
14. As if we don’t have enough problems in life, our Milky Way galaxy is on a collision course with our nearest galaxies called the Andromeda Galaxy.
Thankfully, the impact won’t happen for another 3 billion years.
15. If two pieces of the same type of metal touch in space, they will bond and be permanently stuck together; this phenomenon is known as cold welding.
Awesome Facts about Space
16. The International Space Station circles Earth every 92 minutes.
The speed of the International Space Station as it orbits Earth is roughly 17,150 miles per hour, which equates to 5 miles a second!
17. There are more trees on Earth than stars in our milky way.
18. Pluto is smaller than the United States. If you somehow managed to stroll around the equator of Pluto, it would be a similar distance as strolling from London to Denver.
19. Because of its unique tilt, a season on Uranus is equivalent to 21 Earth years.
20. In one second, our sun can produce sufficient energy for right around 500,000 years of the current needs of our civilization.
Scary Facts about Space
21. There is no air in space, and that implies that sound has no medium or method for making a trip to be heard. So yeah, Space is silent.
22. The normal temperature of the surface of Venus is around 450° C.
23. While the whole suit costs a whopping $12m, and 70% of that cost is for the Backpack and control module.
24. In any case, those spacesuits that NASA utilizes were made in 1974. As per present valuing, they would cost an expected 150 million dollars!
25. Black holes are so powerful that if a star passes too close to them, it can be torn apart.
Lesser-known Facts about Space
26. Earth happens to be the only planet in our solar system not named after a God, as the other seven planets in our solar system are all named after Greek and Roman gods and goddesses.
27. Researchers calculate the age of the Earth by dating both the oldest rocks on the planet and meteorites that have been discovered on Earth and discovered that Earth is about 4.54 billion years old, according to the National Center for Science Education.
28. Whereas, the Universe is 13.8 billion years old, according to NASA.
29. Mercury and Venus are the only planets with no moons.
30. Whereas, Saturn has 82 known moons and counting.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading this article.
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles: