“Yeehaw! It’s time to saddle up and take a wild ride through the great state of Texas. This place has more to offer than just big hair and big steaks (although, we won’t deny those are pretty great too). From its rich history to its diverse culture, we’re about to give you the lowdown on all things Texas. So grab your cowboy boots and a cold beer and let’s get started on this Lone Star-studded journey.”
Fun Facts About Texas
1. Back in 1836, Texas said “so long” to Mexico and became its Republic until it decided to join the good ole United States in 1845.
2. But watch out, burglars! Because in Texas, it’s legal to turn a thief into a deceased thief if they try to steal your property.
3. And if bats are your thing, Texas is the place to be. With over 20 million bats living in the Bracken Cave, it’s the world’s largest colony of bats.
4. If you’re ever on the hunt for BigFoot, Texas got you covered. It’s legal to shoot it if you ever find it. But please don’t.
5. You’re more likely to get struck by lightning in Texas than find in-person voter fraud, so watch out for those storm clouds.
Interesting Facts About Texas
6. Did you know that in Norway, Texas is slang for crazy?
7. People pay thousands of dollars to hunt Zebras and other African wildlife on large ranches in Texas.
8. The origin of Texas’s name is from the Caddo word táyshaʼ. It means ‘friends.’ Considering we Texans are the friendliest bunch, this is a fitting name.
9. Despite Texans being the friendliest, Texas has at least 200 ghost towns.
10. On the population front, Texas is the second-most populous state in the U.S., which means more cowboys, more BBQ, and more fun!
Shocking Facts About Texas
11. Texas, New York, and California all have economies bigger than Russia. Now that’s a power trio! Yeehaw!
Read More: 15 Interesting Facts about California That Will Amaze You
12. Texas has sued the federal government more than 40 times in this century. That’s more than any other state.
13. But Texas likes to keep things in-state. They even have their own power grid to avoid dealing with the U.S. federal government.
14. Also, the constitutions of 7 U.S. states (Arkansas, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas) specifically ban atheists from holding public office. Talk about a strict interpretation of “In God We Trust”!
15. And lastly, it’s illegal to own six or more dildos in Texas, so if you’re a collector, better keep it under the radar, or risk being labeled as a sex offender!
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 15 Awesome Texas facts that you should know.
15 Interesting Facts about California That Will Amaze You
15 Shocking Facts About Obesity That You Must Know
25 Awesome Facts About Mexico That You Probably Didn’t Know
25 Mind-Blowing Australia Facts