“Ladies and gentlemen, gather round for a tale of wigs, apples, and gravity that will knock your socks off! Yes, we’re talking about none other than Sir Isaac Newton, the man who discovered that what goes up must come down (unless, of course, you’re a NASA astronaut). But before you start daydreaming about defying gravity and floating away, let’s dive into the life and legacy of one of history’s greatest scientific minds.”
Fun Facts about Isaac Newton
1. Isaac Newton had a bit of a rough time with the sun. He developed a phobia after staring at it for too long.
2. But you know what they say, “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade” or in Newton’s case, when an apple falls on your head, use it to discover the laws of gravity. However, An apple didn’t hit Isaac Newton in the head, but it did make him wonder.
3. Newton wasn’t just a master of physics. He was also a master of time management! I mean, inventing calculus in the same amount of time it takes the average student to learn it? Talk about efficiency!
4. And let’s not forget about his dark side! Young Isaac once Threatened to burn his mother and stepfather alive. Now that’s one way to make sure you’re not getting grounded for sneaking out past curfew.
5. And finally, the secret of secrets, Newton was a master of alchemy!
Interesting Facts about Isaac Newton
6. Isaac Newton had quite a multi-faceted life. Not only was he a brilliant scientist and mathematician, but he also dabbled in politics, as a Member of Parliament for a year. Where he famously said only one sentence: he asked a nearby usher to close an open window.
7. But it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows for Newton. He also had a bit of a rough go in the stock market, losing the equivalent of millions of dollars in today’s money in 1720. Ouch.
8. While science and math were his bread and butter, his true passion was the Bible, where he wrote more about religion than any of his other pursuits.
9. Even his famous apple tree wasn’t safe from his curiosity, as a sample was sent into space to “defy gravity.”
10. His famous work, “Principia Mathematica,” took him over 20 years of thinking. It was so long that it took him two years to write.
On the other hand, It took us 300 years to see a simple calculation error that went unnoticed.
Awesome Facts about Isaac Newton
11. He was also good at being a virgin for his entire life.
12. Did you know that in the 17th century, 1 in every 10 British coins was forged? Newton stepped in and oversaw a project to recall the old currency and issue a new, more reliable one.
13. To prevent theft, he even invented the ridges along the edges of coins, which are still in use today! Talk about making a lasting impact!
14. Let’s talk about his last words, “the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.” I mean, what a way to leave this world, contemplating the vastness of truth and knowledge.
15. When Cambridge University was closed due to the plague, Newton’s forced return home ended up being the most productive period of his life. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 15 Awesome Isaac Newton facts.
15 Shocking Facts about Desert That Will Surprise You
15 Mind-Blowing Facts about Cockroaches That Will Surprise You
Crazy facts about China that you need to know
25 Unbelievable Facts about North Korea that you must know
20 Surprising Facts about Death Penalty That Wil Shock You
25 Shocking Facts About Suicide That You Should Know