“Welcome to the glittering world of gold! The shiny metal that has been the obsession of kings, emperors, and even leprechauns. From ancient civilizations to modern-day billionaires, gold has always been the ultimate symbol of wealth and prestige. In this article, we’ll take a look at the history of gold, its uses (and misuses) that have made this precious metal even more valuable. So grab your pickax and let’s strike gold with a side of laughter!”
Interesting Facts about Gold
1. The world’s largest-gold bar weighs a whopping 250 kg (551 lb).
2. But gold isn’t just found in bars. From the tundra of Antarctica to the lush rainforests of South America, gold is everywhere.
3. But gold isn’t just found everywhere equally. Nearly half the gold ever mined has come from one place: Witwatersrand, South Africa. That’s a lot of gold coming from one place.
4. The Indian-housewives hold 11% of the World’s Gold. That is more than the reserves of the United States, IMF, Switzerland, and Germany combined. Talk about a hidden goldmine.
5. In 2014, Dubai launched a program that pays children 2 grams of gold for every kilogram (2.2 pounds) of weight they lose. Talk about a goldmine for weight loss.
Fun Facts about Gold
6. The earthquakes turn water into gold. You can find it in water that has passed through faults and fractures in the gold-bearing rock. So, the next time you feel an earthquake, head to the nearest river and start panning for gold!
7. Did you know that more gold is recoverable from a ton of personal computers than from 17 tons of gold ore? That’s right, those old computers you have lying around could be a goldmine.
8. And speaking of gold mines, Olympic Gold Medals only contain 1.34% of gold. That’s a small percentage for such a prestigious award. The Olympic organizers are surely one hell of cheapskates.
9. Gold isn’t just found on earth. Six ten-billionths of the sun is gold.
10. The world’s oceans contain nearly 20 million tons of gold, and that’s not even counting the goldfish.
Awesome Facts about Gold
11. There’s a phobia for gold called Aurophobia. It’s the fear of gold. So if you have this phobia, you might want to give it to me. I will save you from this vile fear.
12. But gold isn’t just used in jewelry. High-end cars like the McLaren F1’s engines are built with gold, so if you’re looking for a fast and fancy car, the McLaren F1 is the way to go.
13. Did you know that injecting gold into the body can help fight cancer? Gold nanoparticles can be used to target and kill cancer cells, making them a promising cancer treatment.
14. There are 52,000 tonnes of minable gold still in the ground worth US$2 trillion.
15. The world pours more steel in an hour than it has poured gold since the beginning of recorded history. It’s like gold is just a drop in the bucket compared to steel. So, next time you’re thinking about buying gold, remember it’s rare and precious, but don’t forget that steel is the real king.
Shocking Facts about Gold
16. Apple recovered a significant amount of gold, worth approximately $40 million, from broken iPhones in 2015.
17. The yield of gold from iPhones is significantly higher when compared to gold ore, with a ton of iPhones yielding 300 times more gold.
18. According to NASA, the near-Earth asteroid, Eros contains a vast amount of gold, estimated at 20 billion tons.
19. Trace amounts of gold can be found in human hair.
20. And lastly, the famous barbarian leader Attila accepted hefty subsidies in gold in exchange for not attacking Roman territory and then did it anyway. Talk about a gold digger.
Surprising Facts about Gold
21. Nearly all of the gold on Earth came from meteorites that bombarded the planet over 200 million years after it formed. That’s right, the gold in your jewelry may have come from outer space.
22. And speaking of jewelry, did you know that carat weight can be 10, 12, 14, 18, 22, or 24? The higher the number, the greater the purity. So, next time you buy gold jewelry, remember the higher the number, the purer the gold.
23. There is enough gold in Earth’s core to coat its entire surface to a depth of 1.5 feet.
24. Our bodies contain about 0.2 milligrams of gold, most of it in our blood. That means we’re all walking around with a little bit of gold inside of us.
25. Gold is edible. The gold leaf is used as a food decoration in some high-end culinary dishes.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 25 Awesome Gold facts.
15 Shocking Facts about Desert That Will Surprise You
15 Mind-Blowing Facts about Cockroaches That Will Surprise You
Crazy facts about China that you need to know
25 Unbelievable Facts about North Korea that you must know
20 Surprising Facts about Death Penalty That Wil Shock You