Are you ready to escape the mundane and experience the ultimate tropical getaway? Look no further than the beautiful state of Hawaii! Known for its lush green mountains, breathtaking beaches, and warm, friendly locals, Hawaii is the perfect destination. Get ready to trade in your winter coat for a bikini, and your daily grind for Mai Tais and hula lessons.
So pack your bags, grab your sunscreen, and join us as we explore the best of what the Aloha state has to offer.
Surprising Facts about Hawaii
1. Hawaii is the only U.S. state with a majority Asian American population, at 58%, as per studies.
2. The Hawaiian alphabet has just 13 letters, so it’s easy to learn! But don’t expect to write a novel. You may run out of letters pretty quickly 🙂
3. George Washington is worshipped as a god by Japanese Shinto priests in Hawaii, who knew he was a god all along!
4. In 1993, the U.S. Congress and President Clinton apologized for overthrowing the Hawaiian Kingdom in 1893 and acknowledged that the U.S. annexed Hawaii unlawfully. But let’s not dwell on the past. Let’s focus on nature, and enjoy the future!
5. Hawaii, Vermont, Alaska, and Maine have all banned billboards.
6. Unfortunately, nearly one tourist has died every week in Hawaii, from 2012 to 2015, so be careful while exploring.
7. On any flight leaving Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines will let you bring a box of papaya or pineapple weighing 10 pounds for free. So you can bring a taste of Hawaii with you!
8. It is illegal to own a hamster in Hawaii, so if you’re a hamster lover, you might want to think twice before moving there.
9. In Hawaii, mongooses were first introduced in 1883 to manage the invasive rat population. But since rats are nocturnal and mongooses are diurnal, Hawaii now has a problem with both, so be careful if you see one.
10. In 2014, Hawaii attempted to combat homelessness by providing one-way tickets back to the mainland for any homeless person who wanted one. As Dave Chappel says:
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 10 Awesome Hawaii facts that you should know.
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles:
40 Shocking Psychology Facts That You Need To Know
20 Mind-Blowing Ireland Facts That You May Not Know
MIND-BLOWING VENEZUELA FACTS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
20 Mind-Blowing Facts About Cuba That You Should Know