There are only 2 types of people in this world, The ones that believe Breaking Bad is the greatest series of all time and the ones that haven’t watched the show yet.
It may sound exaggerating but believe me, Breaking Bad got everything that makes a show enjoyable like epic plot, plot twists, top-notch acting, next-level story writing, a great set of characters, and their development throughout the series.
So, In this post, I’ve decided to make a list of facts that I found interesting about my favorite series, Breaking Bad.
From How Vince Gilligan didn’t want to continue Breaking Bad to the highest bid price for Walter White’s underwear, Here are 44 Addictive Breaking Bad facts.
1-10 Addictive Breaking Bad Facts
1. During the fight scene with Jessie Pinkman and Tuco Salamanca, Aaron Paul actually got unconscious and concussion for, which he needed medical treatment.
2. Color symbolism was present throughout Breaking Bad. In beginning, Walt used to wear lighter clothes such as whites and yellows. But towards the end, his attire consisted of him wearing black and blues symbolizing the monster he had become.
3. Breaking Bad ended up being 62 episodes for a reason, On the periodic table, the 62nd element is Samarium which is essential in helping to treat lung cancer.
4. Our favorite law attorney, Saul Goodman is named after the phrase its all good man.
5. Due to the popularity of Breaking Bad, some drug dealers started adding blue to their products for marketing.
Well, what can I say?
I believe these guys are better at marketing than the marketing experts we see.
6. The blue crystal shown on the show is just rock candy.
7. Moreover, If you are a Breaking Bad fan and by any chance then you get to visit Albuquerque, make sure to check out The Candy Lady, a boutique candy store in Albuquerque.
The reason for this is that the rock candy used for Breaking Bad was brought from here.
They even have a whole line of Breaking Bad-inspired treats, which they sell under The Bad Candy Lady line.
8. In Breaking Bad season 1, Episode 3, We see that hydrochloric acid eating through the tub and then the ceiling. This caused quite a mess in Pinkman’s house leaving both Walter and Jessie in huge trouble.
But in reality, Mythbusters has shown that no amount of Hydrochloric acid could’ve eaten the tub, let alone the ceiling.
9. After watching the Breaking Bad episode, Ozymandias, the author of Game of Thrones, George R R Martin said that “Amazing episode last night. Talk about a gut punch…Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros. (I need to do something about that.)”
Walter White or Ramsay Bolton, Who do you think is a bigger monster?
Also Read: 33 Nerve Wrecking Game Of Thrones facts that will blow your mind
10. Aaron Paul spent hours and hours with addicts and ex-addicts when researching for the role of Jessie Pinkman.
11-20 Addictive Breaking Bad Facts
11. When Dean Norris auditioned for Breaking Bad, He thought it was a comedy show. This led him to portray a deeper version of the character than the writers had intended.
12. Methylamine, the chemical that led to the train robbery scene isn’t that hard to make.
In fact, some scientists suggested that it can be synthesized in the kitchen sink without too much difficulty.
Well, who cares since that train robbery episode is awesome as hell.
13. In a 2011 interview, Breaking Bad creator, Vince Gilligan, shared that he pitched Breaking Bad to HBO and that it was “the worst meeting I’ve ever had.”
14. In addition to HBO, Showtime, TNT, and FX all passed on Breaking Bad, too, for several reasons.
15. Vince Gilligan didn’t want to continue Breaking Bad when he found out that the show Weeds had a similar premise.
He said that if he had known the show earlier he wouldn’t have created Breaking Bad.
Thank God, He found this later than earlier.
16. Unsurprisingly, Jane’s death was the hardest for Aaron Paul to shoot.
The scene was hard on Bryan Cranston, too, who reportedly spent 15 minutes crying after filming was complete.
17. Vince Gilligan recruited the prosthetic effects team behind The Walking Dead for Gustavo’s death scene.
18. Mike’s death was certainly hard on fans and every member of the crew.
When asked about filming his character Mike’s final scene, Jonathan Banks shared that, “The crew on the set that day all wore black armbands all day long. There are a lot of friends on that crew. It was an emotional day, to say the least on set a lot of tears. Tough day, brother.”
19. While filming the scene featuring Wendy, the prostitute, filming was interrupted by a person who thought she was a real hooker and tried to pick her up.
20. Jesse Pinkman was supposed to be killed off in the first season but once producers saw the amazing chemistry between him and Walter White, they knew the show needed their relationship.
21-30 Addictive Breaking Bad Facts
21. Each episode of Breaking Bad except the pilot had 8 days of shooting. Whereas the pilot had 15 days of shooting cause Vince Gilligan got the flu.
22. Raymon Cruise or Tuco was supposed to be the antagonist throughout the end of season 2. But he met his end in season 1.
This was because he became a regular on another show named Closer and was no longer able to be in Breaking Bad.
23. The plane crash at the end of season 2 is very much like the 1986 Cerritos mid-air collision.
In fact, the name of the junior air traffic controller who guided the plane before the crash was also named Walter White.
24. Because of the subject matter, Breaking Bad’s creators believed it was only right to inform the Drug Enforcement Administration what they were making, and if possible, welcome their help.
They could have paid no attention to them. But instead, they choose to help them.
As a result, the DEA chemists taught Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul how to make crystal meth.
25. Everything about Breaking Bad is soo perfect that there would be no reason for anyone to remake this masterpiece.
But they made a Spanish remake of the show and named the show Metastasis. It got an awful IMDB rating of 2.2/10.
26. In the Breaking Bad auction, The underwear of Walter White was sold for $9,900.
27. Where as the inscribed copy of Walt Whitman’s “Leaves of Grass,” crux of a pivotal plot point late in the series was sold for $65,500.
It was the highest winning bid of the auction.
28. And Hector “Tio” Salamanca’s bell was sold for $26,750.
29. RJ Mitte, the actor who plays Walter Hartwell White Jr. does have cerebral palsy. But not as severely as his character. He can walk without crutches, and he had to learn how to walk with crutches for his character.
30. On the last day of shooting, Bryan Cranston walked on the set nude. Aaron Paul said about the situation that “Any time he can have the opportunity to show me his ass, he does.”
31-40 Addictive Breaking Bad Facts
31. The 1st, 4rth, 10th, and 13th season 2 all have black and white teaser intros. And when you combine the episode titles you get 737 down over Alberquerque foreshadowing the plane crash at the end of the season.
Just Breaking Bad things!
32. Reportedly it took $3 million to produce a Breaking Bad episode. And approximately $195 million to produce across 5 seasons.
33. Breaking Bad’s costume designer, Kathleen Detoro admitted the original reason Cranston started wearing the Heisenberg hat is that his head was cold.
34. Breaking Bad was originally supposed to be filmed in California not Albuquerque, but due to financial reasons they have filmed the series in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The show even helped the city boost it’s economy and tourism business.
35. Before he was known as Walter White on Breaking Bad, Cranston voiced a number of the monsters on Power Rangers, including Snizard and Twin Man.
36. Bryan Cranston managed to throw the pizza in one take. Gilligan called it a “one-in-a-million shot.”
37. Dean Norris or Hank was offered a role in a comedy sitcom during 5th season of Breaking Bad.
So Norris suggested to Vince Gilligan that perhaps killing Hank in the first 5 episodes of season 5 would be a great ending.
Thankfully, Vince Gilligan politely denied his request.
38. As Walt drives to New Mexico in the finale episode, He listens to a song called El Paso by Marty Robbins.
There are bunch of reasons for naming it Felina. So Click here to know about it in detail.
39. A total of 269 people have died throughout Breaking Bad. This includes the number of people who died in the plane crash.
40. Warren Buffet is a huge fan of Breaking Bad.
In fact, he admired Walter White’s entrepreneurship, calling him “a great businessman,” and saying that, “he’s my guy if I ever have to go toe-to-toe with anyone.”
41-44 Addictive Breaking Bad Facts
41. Jonathan Banks had a much smaller role in Breaking Bad. But when another actor was unavailable, he got to play the badass sigma male character, Mike Ehrmantraut.
42. One of greatest antagonists of all time, Gustavo Fring was originally supposed to last 3 episodes. But they decided to improvise.
43. Before reading the below line, Just try to guess how many times Jessie said bitch in the entire series and then read it.
Believe me, You will be surprised knowing the count.
Although it seems like he said easily over 100 times, Paul uses the word a total of 54 times throughout the series. Which, considering there are 62 episodes, seems a little on the low side.
44. Jessie Pinkman’s favorite add-on became so synonymous with AaronPaul that, in 2014, the actor released an app called Yo, Bitch.
That’s it guys, I Hope you enjoyed reading this article.
And also please consider reading our other posts if you have liked this article.