Over the course of eight seasons, Game of Thrones broke many records, created a few controversies, and gave us 73 epic episodes of television.
And, of course, along with records it broke many hearts.
Even though the series wrapped up with its final season in 2019, there’s much more Thrones TV on the way. While we wait for George R. R. Martin’s prequel House of Dragons to hit HBO, here are the 33 facts about Game of Thrones that you will be glad to know. Valar morghulis.
1-5 Game Of Thrones Facts
1 .Many of us felt bad when Ned Stark was executed but not Sean Bean. In fact, After filming his character’s death scene, Sean Bean played football with his replica head.
2. A replica of Gandalf’s sword, Glamdring, from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies is forged inside the Iron Throne.
3. Before being cast, Lena Headey (Queen Cersei Lannister) and Jerome Flynn (Bronn) were in a relationship that ended on such bad terms that each had a condition inserted into their contracts that they were never to share scenes and must remain distant on-set.
4. Oona Chaplin, the actress who played Queen Talisa Stark, is the granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin.
5. Kristian Nairn might not have the most complex lines on the show, but that doesn’t mean he slacked off. For sake of his character, He mastered 70 ways of pronouncing his character’s name depending on his mood.
6-10 Game Of Thrones Facts
6. The actor of Jon Snow, Kit Harington, was once approached in a bar by a stranger who told him that he looked exactly like Jon Snow. When Harington then revealed that he was, in fact, Jon Snow, the stranger told him that he was too short to really be Snow.
7. Game Of Thrones author, George R. R. Martin sent actor Jack Gleeson ( Who plays Joffrey ) a letter saying “Congratulations on your marvelous performance, everyone hates you.”
8. Kristian Nairn, the guy who played Hodor, is also a house DJ. He even went on a US tour called Rave of Thrones.
9. It is not a secret that “Game of Thrones” is one of the most expensive shows to ever air in the history of television, with its opening season’s budget reaching an estimated $50–60 million mark. However, as the show progressed, it swiftly overthrew the original budget and completely shattered by the time it reached season 6. The sixth season had a mind-boggling budget of over $100 million, a series record, with over $10 million costs per episode.
10. According to David Benioff, Arya Stark was the hardest character to cast.
11-15 Game Of Thrones Facts
11. During his childhood, George R. R. Martin wrote about a kingdom made up of turtles that would kill each other with sinister plots.
12. Do you want to speak like Khal Drogo? It’s easy! The Dothraki language has a vocabulary of over 3,000 words and continues to grow. The language was created by David J. Peterson for the show. The success of Game of Thrones subsequently increased the number of people who want to learn Dothraki.
13. Daenerys’ dragons are named Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion. Each one is named after someone she has lost in her life: Drogon, the biggest dragon with black and red scales, was named after her husband Khal Drogo; Rhaegal, who has bronze and green scales, was named after her brother Rhaegar Targaryen, who was killed by Robert Baratheon during Robert’s Rebellion; Viserion, the cream, and gold scaled dragon, was named after Daenerys’ abusive brother Viserys.
14. Peter Dinklage did not even have to audition for the role of Tyrion Lannister. The directors of the show had him in mind before the start of the show.
15. In addition to that, Peter Dinklage was the one who suggested the producers cast his friend Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister.
16-20 Game Of Thrones Facts
16. If you ever want to an Iron Throne then, Here’s some good news for You.
The directors of the GOT sell replicas of the actual Iron Throne for $30,000 (height: 7′ 2″; weight: 350 pounds). With some big bucks, now anyone can feel like the King of the Seven Kingdoms.
17. According to Producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the show lasts the entire year and they shoot the show like a ten-hour movie. For instance, according to them, Season 5 alone was shot in five countries, on 151 sets, for 240 days, having 166 cast members, over 1,000 crew members, and over 5,000 extras.
18. Season 8 is the only GOT season that has failed to get a rating above 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.
19. According to Kit Harington (Jon Snow), his performance in the rejected pilot episode was so horrible that the creators often sarcastically threaten to release scenes of it on the web if he complains too much.
20. After filming her final scenes as Khaleesi, Emilia Clarke got a tattoo of her three beloved dragons on her wrist.
21-25 Game Of Thrones Facts
21. The Dynamic On-screen couple, Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Rose Leslie (Ygritte) fell in love while filming for the series. And got married on June 23, 2018, in Scotland.
22. Charles Dance was shocked and disgusted at Lord Tywin’s treatment of his son, Tyrion. He remarked that it had been extremely difficult for him to mistreat a genuinely nice man like Peter Dinklage, so much so, that he kept apologizing to Dinklage between takes.
23. Despite the final(eight) season being the most hated season among the fan-base, Surprisingly it is the most Emmy Awarded final season of any show in history, winning 12 trophies at the 2019 ceremony. Seriously did we miss something in season 8 or season is actually good.
24. Peter Dinklage(Tyrion Lannister) appears in more episodes than any other cast member. Dinklage managed to be in 61 out of 67 episodes.
25. Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey) was voted by fans as the Game of Throne’s most hated character. There is nothing wrong with that, But instead of hating her character in the series, people started hating her in real life.
As a result, Lena Headley was often the victim of fans who direct their hatred towards her character to her personally. People frequently call her names online and in public, and at fan conventions, she is more than often shunned. She also shared that during an autograph session at Comic-Con, people were actually snatching their books from her hands to stop her from signing them.
26-33 Game Of Thrones Facts
26. Aimee Richardson and Dean-Charles Chapman, the actors who played as Cersei’s children, became a couple in real life. Ironic.
28. By the end of its run, With 61 total nominations, Game of Thrones became the most Emmy-nominated show in television history.
29. Emilia Clarke stated that she never dyed her hair for the show. Daenerys Targaryen’s impressive platinum blonde locks were achieved via an elaborate wig and make-up system that took significant time to get into place. After season seven, however, Clarke shared via Instagram that she had dyed her hair for the final season (she still had to wear her elaborate wig).
30. The horse heart that Daenerys Targaryen ate during her wedding ceremony is a 3 pound solidified jam. According to our Emilia Clarke, it tasted like bleach and raw pasta. Eww gross.
31. Khaleesi was 750th most popular baby name for girls in 2014.
32. Unfortunately, Games of Thrones is currently the most pirated show in the world.
33. Jack Gleeson, the guy who played the role of Joffrey Lannister completely retired from acting after his role. Talking about his decision Gleeson said, ” When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It’s not like I hate it, It’s just something I don’t want to do”.
That’s it for today mates, Hope you liked it.
Also Read: 22 Thrilling Money Heist Facts that you should know to know more this awesome Spanish show.