Did you know? Saturn is so massive that it can fit more than 700 Planet Earths inside it.
Interesting, isn’t it? With so many things happening on Earth, we often forget how awesome other planets are in our solar system. So, In this post, we are gonna go through 15 Mind-Blowing Saturn facts that will help you realize how cool and awesome Saturn is.
1-5 Fun Facts about Saturn
1. Saturn is the second-largest of the eight planets, and it is about ten times as wide as Earth.
2. Despite its size, Saturn is actually the lightest planet. It is predominantly made of the gases hydrogen and helium.
And because of its particular gaseous composition, Saturn is the only planet in the solar system that’s less dense than water.
If the planet were placed on an enormous ocean, it would be able to float.
3. Saturn’s gaseous makeup also means that, unlike Earth, You cannot stand on Saturn.
4. Saturn’s moons may also play a role in shaping the planet’s signature feature: its rings.
Saturn’s ring system is the largest and most complex in the entire solar system.
The rings are formed from ice, dust, and rock fragments. Some of these fragments are the size of sand grains. Some of them are substantially larger than skyscrapers. And Some are more than a kilometer (half a mile) across.
5. Saturn’s rings are massive, but thin. The big rings may almost reach the moon from Earth. Despite this, they are only a kilometer thick.
6-10 Interesting Facts about Saturn
6. The planet is named after Saturn, the Roman god of farming.
7. Approximately 1707 Saturn’s could fit inside the Sun.
8. Saturn goes around the Sun very slowly that a year on Saturn is more than 29 Earth years.
9. However, Saturn spins on its axis very fast. A day on Saturn is 10 hours and 14 minutes.
10. It is very windy on Saturn. Winds around the equator can be 1,800 kilometers per hour. That’s 1,118 miles per hour!
Meanwhile, on Earth, the fastest winds “only” get to about 400 kilometers per hour. That’s only about 250 miles per hour.
11-15 Awesome Facts about Saturn
11. Because of its inhospitable environment, Saturn cannot support life, but some of its moons might.
12. Saturn has more than 50 confirmed moons, and each varies in size and terrain.
13. Enceladus, one of Saturn’s smallest moons, is covered in ice and only about as wide as the state of Pennsylvania.
14. Titan, Saturn’s largest moon, is nearly as wide as Canada.
Titan is also the only moon in the solar system with clouds and a dense atmosphere.
Both Titan and Enceladus have underground oceans that would make them potentially capable of sustaining life.
15. According to new scientific research, it rains diamonds on Jupiter and Saturn. In fact, the planets are capable of producing 1000 tones of diamonds per year.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading about 15 Awesome Saturn facts for kids.
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles:
30 Mind-Blowing Space facts that will amaze you
25 Mind-Blowing facts about Earth that everyone must know