Welcome to the land of ancient history, breathtaking landscapes, and mouth-watering cuisine – Lebanon! This small but mighty country on the Mediterranean coast is a true gem of the Middle East, offering visitors a unique blend of Arab hospitality, French influence, and Mediterranean charm. From the snow-capped mountains of the north to the golden beaches of the south, Lebanon is a country of contrasts that never fails to surprise and delight. Whether you’re a culture vulture looking to explore the ancient ruins of Byblos and Baalbek, a food lover eager to sample the country’s famous mezze and sweet pastries, or an adventure seeker ready to hit the slopes or hike the trails, Lebanon has something for everyone.
1-5 Fun Facts About Lebanon
1. Lebanon holds the title of being the smallest recognized country on the entire Asian continent.
2. Due to political sensitivity over religious affiliation, no census has been undertaken in Lebanon since 1932, making it challenging to get accurate population data.
3. 60% of Lebanese identify as Muslim and 40% as Christian.
4. Surprisingly, there are more people of Lebanese descent living in Brazil than there are people currently living in Lebanon.
5. Lebanon loves its hummus, so much that the country made a massive bowl of it to get into the Guinness Book of World Records and spread awareness that hummus is from Lebanon.
6-10 Interesting Facts About Lebanon
6. The land of Phoenicians, Lebanon has the mythical Phoenix as its national bird, symbolizing its resilience and enduring spirit.
7. Despite being officially refuted, a persistent rumor claimed that Neil Armstrong, the first man on the Moon, had converted to Islam after hearing the call to prayer. The confusion between Armstrong’s residence in Lebanon, Ohio, and the country Lebanon helped fuel this rumor.
8. The controversial mockumentary Borat is banned in all Arab countries except Lebanon, where it can be viewed.
9. In Lebanon, the country’s political system mandates that the President must be a Christian, the Prime Minister a Sunni, and the Speaker of Parliament a Shi’a.
10. Shortly after Israel’s founding on May 14, 1948, five Arab nations, including Lebanon, declared war on it.
11-15 Surprising Facts About Lebanon
11. Actor Keanu Reeves was born in Beirut, Lebanon.
12. Lebanon is mentioned repeatedly in the Bible, often about Mount Lebanon and its famous cedar trees.
13. Lebanon has been ruled by many ancient empires, including the Phoenician, Akkadian, Egyptian, Mitanni, Hittite, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, and Roman.
14. Unfortunately, Lebanon ranks as one of the worst countries in the world for gender equality, with significant gaps between men and women in areas such as health, education, economy, and politics. In 2020, it was the ninth-worst country in this regard.
15. Lebanon is one of the world’s highest number of cigarette consumers, with over 2,000 cigarettes smoked per person per year.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 15 Interesting Lebanon Facts For Kids.
20 Mind-Blowing Facts About Morocco That Will Surprise You
15 Mind-Blowing Dominican Republic Facts That Will Surprise You
20 Surprising Facts About Czech Republic That Will Blow Your Mind
20 Interesting Facts About Chad That You Probably Didn’t Know
10 Shocking Facts About Cameroon That Will Blow Your Mind
15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Uganda That You Should Know
20 Shocking Facts About Vietnam That Will Blow Your Mind
20 Shocking Facts About Zimbabwe That Will Blow You Mind
44 DARK DEATH NOTE FACTS THAT EVERY FAN SHOULD KNOW
55 MIND-BLOWING HUNTER X HUNTER FACTS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
55 Shocking Attack On Titan Facts that you must know