Welcome to the wacky and wonderful world of Family Guy, where humor knows no boundaries and satire reigns supreme! Get ready to embark on a hilarious and enlightening journey as we unravel 25 mind-blowing Family Guy facts that will leave you giggling and astonished. From the show’s controversial beginnings to its iconic pop culture references, we’ll delve into the quirky characters, wild adventures, and behind-the-scenes anecdotes that have made this animated series a beloved staple in households worldwide. So, grab your talking dog, fasten your seatbelts, and get ready to dive into the outrageous and side-splitting universe of Family Guy!
1-5 Fun Facts About Family Guy
1. In a notable incident, Family Guy used footage from a 9-year-old YouTube video in one of its episodes without obtaining permission from the original owner. As a result, the owner’s clip was subsequently removed from YouTube due to copyright infringement. Oops!
2. Ever wonder who that cheerful “Bye, Have a Beautiful Time” guy is at the end of American Dad episodes? Turns out, he used to be the security officer at the office building where both Family Guy and American Dad! were produced.
3. Carol Burnett filed a lawsuit against Family Guy after the show portrayed her cleaning the floor of a porn shop. Despite ruling against her based on the 1st Amendment, the judge acknowledged that “the character Burnett created was far more creative than anything the Family Guy team could come up with on their own.”
4. Mila Kunis, the voice of Meg Griffin, commands an impressive salary ranging from $175,000 to $225,000 per episode of Family Guy.
5. Seth MacFarlane, the creative mind behind Family Guy, American Dad, and Ted, narrowly missed boarding American Airlines Flight 11 on September 11, 2001, by fifteen minutes. Thankfully, a bad travel agent and a hangover ended up saving his life.
6-10 Interesting Facts About Family Guy
6. When Family Guy first aired on TV, Seth MacFarlane was merely 24 years old, making him the youngest executive producer in history at the time.
7. It’s a Family Guy tradition to have at least one character exclaim “What the hell …” in every episode.
8. When South Park hilariously parodied Family Guy in the ‘Cartoon Wars’ episode, The Simpsons writing staff sent them flowers—probably as a gesture of solidarity between fellow animated TV shows.
9. Family Guy caused a massive stir when they aired a scene featuring Stewie drinking horse sperm with cereal. This led to a whopping 188,368 FCC complaints. I guess some things are best left unseen!
10. Before creating Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane lent his writing skills to Johnny Bravo.
11-15 Surprising Facts About Family Guy
11. Seth MacFarlane effortlessly performs Brian’s voice by speaking normally, and interestingly, many of Brian’s personal beliefs mirror MacFarlane’s own, including his generally liberal political views and atheism.
12. In a humorous acknowledgment, Brian, the anthropomorphic dog, was crowned “Stoner of the Year” by High Times magazine in 2009.
13. Fox has withheld an episode of Family Guy from airing in the United States because it centers around Lois’s decision to have an abortion, sparking controversy and debate.
14. Family Guy occasionally playfully pokes fun at Robot Chicken, and Chris Griffin, voiced by Seth Green, would get mad. This humorous exchange stems from the fact that Seth Green is the producer, lead voice actor, and co-creator of the Robot Chicken series.
15. Peter Griffin’s devout Catholic upbringing influenced the choice of his son’s middle name, “Cross,” resulting in Chris Griffin’s full name being Chris Cross Griffin.
16-20 Awesome Facts About Family Guy
16. George Lucas, a fan of Family Guy, graciously granted Seth MacFarlane permission to incorporate “Star Wars” gags into the show, a rare occurrence as it’s typically met with lawsuits.
17. The main cast of Family Guy commands substantial salaries, earning upwards of $225,000 each per episode.
18. According to Quagmire’s driver’s license, he was born in 1948, which, as of 2017, makes him 69 years old. Oh, Giggity!
19. Because of Peter’s whimsical influence, Meg’s full name is hilariously transformed from Megan to Megatron.
20. Each full episode of Family Guy takes an entire year to be produced and make its way to the small screen, with multiple episodes worked on simultaneously.
21-25 Shocking Facts About Family Guy
21. MacFarlane candidly admitted that the reason Meg often experiences abuse in the show is due to “a bunch of male writers not knowing how to write for a teenage girl.” Poor Meg!
22. Every Family Guy episode has two versions: one for DVD and the other for TV broadcast. The DVD version, free from censorship constraints, allows for bolder and more unrestrained humor.
23. The late Carrie Fisher lent her voice to Angela, Peter Griffin’s boss in Family Guy. The character was retired after Fisher’s passing, as a tribute to her work.
24. Seth MacFarlane contemplated ending Family Guy in 2011 while it was still in its prime.
25 Stewie’s communication skills with the family are mysterious and unpredictable. The writers decide when he can be heard and understood, and there’s no logic behind it except for what’s funniest at the time.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading about 25 Awesome Family Guy Facts
In case you’re interested in reading other articles: