Did you know? One swipe from a tiger’s front paw is strong enough to smash a bear’s skull or even break its back.
Incredible, isn’t it? Tigers are not only the apex predators of land, but they are also filled with several interesting facts that you would love to know.
Fun Facts about Tigers
1. The life span of Tigers is between 20 to 26 years in the wild.
2. Tigers were around about 2 million years ago. But thanks to us the apex predators are now endangered. Over the last 150 years, the tiger’s population has shrunk by nearly 95%. There are estimated to be around 3,900 tigers left in the wild.
3. There are more tigers in captivity in the US than are left in the wild. Yep, according to the estimates, 5,000 captive tigers in the US, more than the approximately 3,900 remaining in the wild.
Read more: 25 Lesser-known facts about the USA that you should know
4. Tigers are chatty cats, they communicate using grunt, growl, roar, moan, snarl, chuff, hiss, and gasp.
5. Despite being known as an apex land predator, only one in ten hunts are successful, and a large deer can provide a tiger with one week’s food.
Insane about Tigers
6. Tigers are solo creatures and interact briefly only during the mating season. And After mating, the male tiger wanders away leaving the female all alone with her cubs. So, Where did the tiger go? To get some milk, of course 🙂
7. While tigers typically prefer to use their 10 cm long teeth to crush a victim’s jugular, a single strike is more than enough to cause us ridiculous damage. One swipe from a tiger’s front paw is strong enough to smash a bear’s skull or even break its back. Jesus Christ!
8. As weird as it may sound, It’s been said that tiger urine smells like buttered popcorn. But no matter how much the smell may tempt you, stay away from that because Tigers are extremely territorial and mark their area with urine and feces to let other tigers know that this space is occupied. So, it’s better not to mess with them.
Read more: 30 Weird and Awesome facts about Animals that you would love to know
9. A tiger’s tongue is covered with sharp, small, thorn-like, hooked projections. What’s scarier is that with just a few licks, a tiger can strip off flesh down to the bone.
10. Just above their foreheads, Tigers have a particular grouping of stripes that bear a striking resemblance to the Chinese character meaning “king.” So, yeah! Know your place before calling yourself King, you dumb Lion.
Interesting Facts about Tigers
11. Unlike most cats, Tigers actually love water and are great swimmers.
12. When it comes to national animals, India has the coolest! It is the Bengal tiger.
Read more: 26 Incredible Facts about India that everyone should know
13. With around 3,000 wild tigers, India is also home to the largest number of wild tigers. But there weren’t these many a decade back. In 2006, India had only 1,411 tigers left in the wild. Thankfully, An alarm was raised by conservationists and citizens of the country that led to great efforts made to protect the species. Now the species have more than doubled their population.
14. In the early 20th century, a single Bengal tiger killed 436 people in Nepal and India. Known as the “Champawat Tiger,” this tiger even earned Guinness Book of World Records for causing the highest number of fatalities by a single tiger.
15. Just like human fingerprints are different from each other, no two tigers have the same pattern of stripes.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading about 15 Amazing facts Tiger facts.
In case you’re interested in reading other articles:
25 Scary and Awesome facts about Snakes that will surprise you
15 Awesome facts about Octopus that will blow your Mind
15 Awesome Facts about Dogs that will make you love them even more
30 Weird and Awesome facts about Animals