“Ladies and gentlemen, gather round, as we take a look at one of the most pressing issues of our time, poverty. It is a topic that is both heart-wrenching and eye-opening, as it affects millions of people around the world. The facts we’ll present today will paint a grim picture of the struggles and hardships faced by those living in poverty. From the lack of access to necessities to the devastating impact on communities, this is a reality that we cannot ignore. Get ready to be moved by the tragic reality of poverty.”
Shocking Facts about Poverty
1. Every day, a staggering 20,000 children lose their lives due to the devastating effects of poverty.
2. Tragically, nearly 820 million people will go to bed tonight without enough food.
3. It is a harsh reality that 62% of humanity struggles to survive on less than US$10 per day.
4. Even if you earn more than US$21,000 a year, you still fall within the top 4% of the world’s wealthiest individuals.
5. According to Bill Gates, by 2035, poverty will be nearly eradicated in most countries around the world.
Surprising Facts about Poverty
6. The disparity in wealth is staggering, with the combined riches of just 85 individuals equalling that of the poorest 3.5 billion people, half of the world’s population.
7. The world’s extreme poor, all congregating in just 5 countries: India, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, and Bangladesh. How convenient for us to ignore them all in one fell swoop!
8. In the developing world, 66 million primary school-aged children go to school hungry.
9. Sylvester Stallone, before he became famous, was so financially struggling that he had to sell his dog for $50. However, after selling the script to Rocky, he got it back for $3,000.
10. Pablo Picasso, one of the most famous artists of all time, was so poor at one point that he burned some of his early work to keep his apartment warm.
Interesting Facts about Poverty
11. In China, over 35 million people still live in caves.
12. Allen, South Dakota, is considered the poorest place in the United States, with a population that is 96% Native American.
13. 1% of the world’s population owns a staggering 48% of the world’s wealth.
14. In the past, lobsters were considered a mark of poverty and were often fed to slaves.
15. In 2012, the earnings of the 100 richest people in the world were enough to end global poverty four times over.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 20 Interesting Poverty facts.
15 Surprising Facts about Autism That Will Amaze You
15 Shocking Facts about Bullying That You Should Know
10 Shocking Facts About Abortion That Will Blow Your Mind
20 Mind-Blowing Facts About Men That Will Amaze You