Step right up, music enthusiasts! Are you ready to have your mind blown and your ears delighted with some of the most intriguing and lesser-known facts about the music world? From the surprising origins of your favorite instruments to the secret behind why certain songs make you want to dance, we’ve got the goods on all things music.
So put on your headphones, and let’s dive into the fascinating world of music facts together!
Fun Facts about Music
1. The word “music” comes from the Greek goddesses of the arts, Muses.
2. From 1912 to 1948, the Olympic Games included events such as music, painting, poetry, literature, and architecture. Why do we get robbed of good things?
3. In 1989, the U.S. military blasted AC/DC music at the compound of General Noriega in Panama for two days, which ultimately led to his surrender.
4. People often like songs they heard first more than others because of the power of familiarity and association. Looks like the first time you got your heart broken was the best time.
5. Flowers can grow faster when exposed to music. I guess they like to move it, move it too.
Interesting Facts about Music
6. The British navy blasts Britney Spear’s songs to scare off Somali pirates.
7. Musicians like Queen, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, and Tupac never won a Grammy award.
8. Loud music can increase the amount of alcohol a person drinks.
9. Eminem wrote and recorded the song “The Real Slim Shady” just 3 hours before his album was due.
10. NoClue, a rapper, holds the record for the World’s Fastest Rapper, with 723 syllables in 51.27 seconds (14.1 syllables per second)
Surprising Facts about Music
11. Listening to music while working out can improve physical performance. So put on your headphones and lift those weights like a Rockstar.
12. A 2014 report found that the top 1% of bands and solo artists earn 77% of all revenue from recorded music.
13. The most expensive musical instrument ever sold is a Stradivarius violin, which sold for $15.9 million in 2011. Now that’s a lot of money for something that’s just going to sit in a museum and never played.
14. Fidel Castro banned The Beatles and other bands in Cuba in 1964 but changed his mind two years later.
15. On average, a musician earns just $23.40 for every $1000 of music sold.
Crazy Facts about Music
16. The Beatles were originally known as Johnny and the Moondogs. Maybe they changed their name because they wanted to sound more like a band and less like a pack of strays.
17. As a choir boy at St. Peter’s Church, John Lennon began his singing career.
18. The Beatles, Garth Brooks, and Elvis Presley are the best-selling artists of all time in the U.S.
19. Michael Jackson bought the rights to most of The Beatles’ music for $47.5 million in 1985. The investment is now worth $450 million.
20. In 2016, Mozart sold more CDs than Beyonce.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 20 Interesting Music facts that you should know.