Welcome to Malta, a Mediterranean island nation with a rich history and stunning natural beauty. Explore the fascinating facts and figures of this small but mighty country – from its ancient temples and fortresses to its crystal-clear waters and idyllic beaches. Join us on a journey of discovery and uncover the unique blend of culture, cuisine, and architecture that make Malta a true gem. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or simply seeking a relaxing vacation in paradise, Malta has something for you. So come along and discover the magic of this enchanting island nation!
1-5 Fun Facts About Malta
1. Malta is a tiny country, ranking as the world’s tenth-smallest country. But it is also the 5th most densely populated country.
2. Tourists flock to Malta, with three times more visitors than there are residents on the islands!
3. The flag of Bhutan, Wales, and Malta are the only flags in the world that feature dragons on them.
4. After the 1980 film Popeye didn’t do well, the abandoned set was reclaimed by the locals of Mellieha, Malta, who turned it into a Popeye-themed park.
5. For those who can afford it, EU citizenship can be purchased in three countries: Austria, Malta, and (the EU half of) Cyprus. Out of the three, Maltese citizenship is the cheapest at €650,000.
6-10 Interesting Facts About Malta
6. Religion plays a significant role in Malta, with Roman Catholicism being the dominant faith.
7. In 1942, the Luftwaffe dropped bombs on the church of Mosta, Malta. Two of them were duds, but one 500kg bomb pierced the dome and landed smack dab in the middle of the church where over 300 people were attending mass. But, miraculously, the bomb didn’t go off and was later defused. Talk about divine intervention!
8. Unlike many other countries, Malta does not impose a property tax. Some other places with similar policies include Dubai, Monaco, Bahrain, and Israel.
9. According to International Living, Malta has the best climate in the world, making it an ideal place to live or visit.
10. Malta is proud to be the home of three UNESCO World Heritage sites, which are recognized for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 10 Interesting Malta Facts For Kids.
20 Mind-Blowing Saudi Arabia Facts That Will Surprise You
15 Mind-Blowing Lebanon Facts That Will Surprise You
20 Mind-Blowing Facts About Morocco That Will Surprise You
15 Mind-Blowing Dominican Republic Facts That Will Surprise You
20 Surprising Facts About Czech Republic That Will Blow Your Mind
44 Addictive Breaking Bad Facts that every fan should know
44 Magical Harry Potter Facts that every Fan should know