Did you know? Jupiter is so massive that it can fit more than 1300 Planet Earths inside it.
Interesting, isn’t it? With so many things happening on Earth, we often forget how awesome other planets are in our solar system. So, In this post, we are gonna go through 15 Mind-Blowing Jupiter facts that will help you realize how cool and awesome Jupiter is.
1-5 Interesting Facts about Jupiter
1. Jupiter, which formed 4.5 billion years ago from cosmic dust, was the first planet in the solar system to come into existence.
2. The planet was named after the king of the ancient Roman gods and, like its namesake, was destined for greatness.
3. As the largest-planet in the solar system, Jupiter is positioned fifth from the Sun and has a mass equivalent to approximately 11 piles of earth. It is twice the mass of all the other planets combined.
4. Jupiter is categorized as a failed star because it has the same hydrogen and helium composition as stars like the Sun. However, it didn’t grow large enough to initiate nuclear fusion.
5. Recent scientific research has revealed that diamonds rain down on Jupiter and Saturn, with the planets capable of producing up to 1,000 tonnes of diamonds each year. This finding is a testament to the extreme conditions that exist within these gas giants.
6-10 Fun Facts about Jupiter
6. One of the most iconic features of Jupiter is the crimson brown storm that’s been raging for over 300 years, the Great Red Spot.
It’s a giant, swirling collection of clouds with wind speeds of up to 400 miles per hour, at least two and half times faster than category five hurricanes.
7. Floating hundreds of miles above the storms of Jupiter, there are about 79 moons, most among the eight known planets. Only Saturn comes close with 62 moons.
Read More: 15 Mind-Blowing Saturn facts that you should know
8. Jupiter’s Ganymede is the largest moon in our solar system and is even larger than the planet Mercury.
9. Jupiter’s large collection of moons is only made possible by the planet’s massive size and gravitational pull, the strongest of all the planets in the solar system. In fact, Jupiter’s Magnetic Field Is 14 Times Stronger Than Earth’s.
10. More than 1300 Earth would fit inside of Jupiter.
11-15 Insane Facts about Jupiter
11. Jupiter revolves on its axis every nine hours and 55 minutes, which gives it the shortest day out of all the planets.
12. Jupiter has a slightly flattened shape due to its extremely rapid spin.
13. However, Jupiter orbits around the Sun very slowly. It takes over 11 earth years to orbit the Sun.
14. The Clouds On Jupiter Are Only 30 miles (50 km) thick.
15. Although its concentration is very low, There is water deep inside Jupiter.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading about 15 Awesome Jupiter facts for kids.
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles:
30 Mind-Blowing Space facts that will amaze you
25 Mind-Blowing facts about Earth that everyone must know