Calling all fruit fans! Are you ready to discover some juicy facts about your favorite fruits? From the secret history behind the apple to the surprising health benefits of the humble banana, we’ve got the sweet scoop on all things fruity.
So grab a glass of water, and get ready to be berry impressed with the wealth of knowledge we have to offer. Let’s dive into the delicious world of fruit facts together!
Fun Facts about fruits
1. In the U.S., the apples sold at stores can be up to a year old.
2. A strawberry isn’t an actual berry, but a banana is. Talk about false advertising! Strawberries, we thought we knew you, but you’re not a berry. Banana, you sly devil, you are a berry.
3. When heated in the microwave, grapes explode.
4. Bananas are slightly radioactive. But don’t worry, it’s only slightly radioactive.
5. Despite being a little radioactive, Banana is the World’s Most Popular Fruit.
Interesting Facts about fruits
6. There is a tree called Fruit Salad Tree, which sprouts 3 to 7 different fruits in the same tree.
7. Japanese farmers grow square watermelons because they are simpler to store and stack.
8. The Durian fruit has such a strong smell that it’s banned on buses and in hotels in certain parts of Asia. So, if you want to enjoy its taste, better to do it somewhere private.
9. The Coco de Mer palm tree is the world’s largest fruit, weighing in at a whopping 42 kg. That’s like carrying around a small child.
10. The study of fruits is known as Pomology.
Surprising Facts about fruits
11. Tomatoes, the overachievers of the fruit world, have more genes than humans. Who’s the superior species now, huh?
12. An art professor created a tree that can produce 40 kinds of fruits including peaches, apricots, and cherries. It’s like a fruit buffet all in one tree.
13. Fruits and vegetables don’t perish as soon as they are picked. They respond to their surroundings for days.
14. It turns out that humans and bananas are practically siblings, sharing a whopping 50% of their DNA. So next time you peel a banana, think of it as peeling away a piece of yourself.
15. Pineapples, the ultimate fruit imposters, pretend to be a tasty tropical treat when, in fact, they are berries all along.
Crazy Facts about fruits
16. After eating “miracle fruit,” even very sour foods will taste sweet for one or two hours.
17. The stickers on the fruit are edible. The next time you’re at the store, you can save money on stickers by just eating the fruit with it still attached.
18. Watermelons contain citrulline, an ingredient that works similarly to Viagra and can help relax the body’s blood vessels. So, next time you eat watermelon, you might want to share it with your loved one.”
19. Cucumbers are fruits. The ultimate fruit imposters, pretending to be vegetables all this time.
20. In the 1700s, pineapples were considered a luxury item, and owning one was a status symbol. American colonists would rent a pineapple to show off at parties.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 20 Interesting Fruit facts that you should know.
25 Shocking Facts About Sleep That You Must Know
10 Mind-Blowing Facts About Hawaii That Will Shock You
40 Shocking Psychology Facts That You Need To Know
20 Fascinating Facts About Music That Will Make You Sing
15 Shocking Facts About Obesity That You Must Know
20 Mind-Blowing Ireland Facts That You May Not Know
20 Mind-Blowing Facts About Cuba That You Should Know