Hey guys, welcome to Factvrse.
Today we are gonna know about none other than the mother of Dogecoin, Slayer of bitcoin, launcher of rockets, complicator of baby name, Elon Musk.
From How Elon Musk went from not affording rent to the richest man on the planet, here are the 25 Electrifying facts about Elon Musk that you should know.
Badass Facts about Elon Musk
1. At the moment, Elon Musk may be the richest man on the planet. But growing up, he was never that rich and even had a terrible childhood. Elon’s mom was a Canadian model, and his father was an engineer in South Africa. The couple fell in love, moved to South Africa, and then had Elon Musk. Musk had a tough time dealing with bullies throughout his childhood and was once hospitalized after a group of boys threw him down a flight of stairs. Even his father was abusive towards him.
2. Elon was a prodigy. He learned computer programming just when he was 10 years old.
3. Not only a software prodigy, but he was also a great entrepreneur all along. At the mere age of 12, Musk created a video game called Blastar and sold it for $500.
4. Elon Musk is a college dropout, but even then, he is a class apart. Elon graduated from Pennsylvania university with not just one but two degrees(Physics and Economics).
5. Later he went to do a Ph.D. at Stanford, But couldn’t even tolerate it for two days. His idea was to start a company with his brother, Kimble, and if the company fails, he would go again to university. But sadly for Musk, the company never failed.
Insane Facts about Elon Musk
6. In 1995, Elon Musk wanted to work with an Internet company, he applied to work at Netscape, sent his resume, and tried hanging out in their lobby, but he was too shy to talk to anyone. So he started his own Internet company (Zip2) as he wasn’t able to get a job anywhere.
7. After dropping out of grad school, Musk quickly established his first company –Zip2, which provided online newspapers with maps and business directories. He sold the company in 1999 sold it for Compaq computers for a whopping $305 million.
From that, Elon got $22 million and became a millionaire.
8. But those 3.5 years were not easy for Elon Musk because he did not have a lot of money. Since Silicon Valley is a very expensive place, Elon hustled. He rented a cheap office, slept in the office, and used to shower at a local gym instead of renting a house. Thankfully, all of his hard work paid off.
9. After becoming a millionaire with a $22 million fortune, Elon gifted himself a McLaren F1, which in his opinion, is the best car ever. It was the only lavish purchase the Elon made during that time.
10. As usual, Elon is an entrepreneur at heart. He invested $10 million out of a $22 million fortune to found his company X.com in 1999. X.com was an online payment company that eventually became PayPal and was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion in stock in 2002.
Out of that, $165 million was given to Musk.
Awesome Facts about Elon Musk
11. After getting enormous green paper, Elon decided to help the planet go green. Telsa is one such example. Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning were co-founders of Tesla, aiming to help the planet go green by producing electric cars. But they were always struggling to get investments until Elon stepped up. In April 2004, Musk invested $6.35 million of Tesla’s $6.5 million Series A funding round and became the company’s second chairman of the board.
12. But his contribution to green energy doesn’t end here. If you want to buy electric cars, you need electric stations. And to have an electric station, you need to buy electric cars. Musk has solved this problem with SolarCity, a company founded by his cousins. He is also the largest shareholder of the company.
13. If you hear Elon speak for even five minutes, you know he cannot shut up about one thing. It’s about humans being an interplanetary species. He really really wants us to live on Mars. In 2016, he announced his mission was to achieve it within the next eight years. But to imagine all that and put your money behind it, that’s just madness.
Read More: 25 Fascinating facts about Mars that you would love knowing
14. Well! Elon is working on it with the company he started in 2002 called SpaceX. In 2002, Elon thought NASA was spending too much on building rockets. So his goal was to try and create sell rockets to them at much cheaper prices than the prices they spend right now.
Musk has now reduced the cost of reaching the International Space Station by 90%, bringing it down from $1 billion per mission to just $60 million.
He’s also trying to design reusable rockets, which has never happened in the history of space technology.
15. In addition to being the coolest billionaire, Elon Musk is also a crazy nerd for Star Wars. He even named his rocket, The Falcon, after the Star Wars Millennium Falcon.
Fun Facts about Elon Musk
16. In February 2018, Elon musk did one of the craziest crossovers with his two big startups. He put the Tesla roots turn on top of a Falcon rocket for launching into space. With Elon being Elon, He also put a dummy in the front seat of the car. The idea was to show off that the Falcon can lift any heavy objects into space. The mission was successful, and Tesla was launched into space. And as we speak, the car is still in outer space with its lonely driver.
17. Despite his enormous recent success, both his flagship companies (SpaceX and Tesla Motors) came alarmingly close to failing. Tesla’s first electric car, the Roadster, faced an ongoing string of production problems, and SpaceX had three launch failures before its fourth and final effort was a success.
18. We all hate traffic. But what do we do ? we complain and do nothing. But Elon is built differently. He’s trying to solve this problem by digging tunnels on Earth. He already has contract deals with LA and Chicago. He wants to build tunnels and help reduce traffic. But also be much cheaper than whatever tech we use now. And Ironically, he named the company The Boring Company.
19. If you love Iron Man and Elon Musk, you would be Graced to know that Robert Downey Junior based his character Tony Stark on Elon Musk. Elon Musk even has a cameo in Iron Man.
20. Elon Musk also made a cameo in The Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, South Park, and Saturday Night Live.
Interesting Facts about Elon Musk
21. If you are an assh*le and want to work at SpaceX, then forget it because they have a strict No asshole policy. If you behave like an asshole, then you will be fired from the company.
This is because Musk believes that being easy to work with is one of the most important factors when creating a strong team.
22. Other than Star Wars, Musk is a big fan of James Bond. He even owns a custom-made submarine car in the Bond movie, The Spy who loved Me.
23. He is also a big weeb. His favorite anime are Death Note, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Full Metal Alchemist, and Your Name.
Oh boy! Gotta say he has a great taste.
Read More: 44 Dark Death Note Facts That Every Fan Should Know
24. With a net worth of over $269.7B, Elon Musk is the richest man on the planet by a landscape. He is $100 billion richer than Jeff Bezos, the second richest man.
25. Like Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and other famous entrepreneurs, Musk’s official annual salary for Tesla Motors is just $1.
That’s it for this post guys, I hope you had fun while reading 25 Mind-Blowing Elon Musk facts.
And in case you’re interested in reading other articles:
30 Godly Eminem Facts That Every Fans Should Know
25 Insane Facts about Michael Jackson that you probably didn’t know
25 Mysterious Johnny Depp Facts that will let you know him better
15 Mind-Blowing facts about Ariana Grande that will surprise you